The personal touch
You will also enjoy a personal welcome from your hosts and reap the benefits of their local knowledge.
To compliment the quality accommodations, Scotland Made Easy has some great characters who make interesting hosts, such as a genealogist, a Clan Laird, a local mayor, someone who gives talks on malt whiskies, an award winning chef, an artist with her own gallery, a cookery writer and some hosts who have been awarded an OBE or an MBE by Her Majesty the Queen. We even know a B&B where they have designed their own golf bunker and provide clubs for guests to practice!
Our accommodations range from a converted train or lighthouse to churches to castles and country house mansions as well as listed historical buildings and accommodations built in the Art Deco style. Want to sleep in the Red Room at a castle where Mary Queen of Scots stayed with the Earl of Bothwell? You might even feel her presence!
We offer our clients unforgettable personal experiences that make all the difference to a trip:
- A tour with a driver arranged by us to tour some of the malt whisky distilleries, taste some good malts and maybe buy a rare malt?
- Go salmon fishing on a Scottish loch arranged by one of our hotels which has its own boats and “ghillie” who can advise you on the best places for catching the fish.
- Spend 2 nights in a hotel with a great variety of Scottish malts and who will arrange a private distillery tour for you? Do a whisky tasting at your hotel?
- We can arrange hill walking with a qualified mountain guide in the Highlands, be collected at your accommodation, he will provide a picnic and take you back to your accommodation.
- One of our privately owned castles has their own pet donkeys who love to meet the guests!! This can be arranged too!
- One of our Highland B&Bs has their own Highland Cattle who are very friendly with guests!