We arrange accommodation in good quality Bed & Breakfasts, castles, country house mansions or small award winning family run hotels known for their good food – some of these hotels have a Michelin star!
One of our little hotels has a yacht which takes guests out cruising round the islands and will include a picnic lunch! Another, which overlooks a loch, is owned by a clan laird!
Most of these are 4 star quality (and some are 5 star too!) and have been inspected by the Scottish Tourist Board. We try to fulfill our clients particular requirements and interests, so match the type of accommodation and the hosts to our discerning clients.
B&Bs mean that you are staying in hosts own homes where they are all very welcoming and friendly. As most of the B&Bs do not have staff, there isn't room service and there will be set times for breakfasts, check in and check out times. These will vary from one B&B to the next. If you are looking for a 24 hour service or room service then you would need to stay in hotels rather than B&Bs.
B&Bs offer a more personal touch meeting locals who will be delighted to help with advice, local tips and restaurant reservations.
You may find that you are staying with a local Mayor, or someone who has been decorated by Her Majesty the Queen or perhaps you may be in a small award winning hotel who can arrange a private distillery tour for you or who can arrange for you to go fishing locally – let Scotland Made Easy customized self drive vacations help you to make this an experience of a lifetime!
Staying with people in their homes gives you the opportunity to learn more about Scottish culture, history and traditions and perhaps find out about your Scottish ancestry if you are of Scottish descent. Maybe visit places where your Scottish ancestors lived!
We can offer the following exciting accommodation and experiences -
- Stay in a haunted castle. Do a ghost tour! Just let us know.
- Relax in a former Laird’s stunning turreted country mansion in a hidden glen.
- Experience the delights of a quaint B&B on the West Coast of Scotland where the host goes fishing for langoustines, clients meet him arriving back with his catch and then eat the langoustines in a local restaurant.
- Overnight or longer in a converted church or lighthouse.
- Stay with a clan laird in his home.
- Maybe you'd like to stay in a 300 year old haunted coaching inn?
- Enjoy the food in a hotel with a Michelin starred chef?
- Want to stay in a lovely B&B run by a local Mayor?
- Stay in a 4 star hotel which is in a listed historic building?
- Spend a night with an artist who has her own gallery?