Dreaming of an escape for next year? Perhaps a trip to Scotland in 2017?
Maybe a conference in Scotland or Ireland or France? Why not add in some extra days to have an interesting vacation through us?
A customised driving tour and itinerary just for YOU?
There are great exchange dollar rates just now so time to plan your trip with us!
Want an experience of a life time?
Not sure where to go? Not sure how long it takes between places? We can help you.
Escape to the wilds of Scotland - get away from it all?
Maybe trace your ancestry? Find out where they lived or got married?
Travel with the SPECIALISTS! We are Specialist Travel Counselors with the Scottish Tourist Board on travel to Scotland and have been doing this for over 15 years!
We are award winning and live locally in the Scottish Highlands so we know the little secret places to visit and travel the roads less known. We try to give our clients experiences beyond their expectations.
We arrange very personalized holiday vacations to suit clients interests and time they will be in Scotland and we also have an online shop so people can buy itineraries and area guides so they can do their own bookings if they prefer.
Our online area guides have tips and suggestions of what to do also include a variety of accommodation, including self catering cottages, cosy little B&Bs and award winning "foodie" hotels.
For our clients wishing a very personalised and customised service : You DREAM -- we PLAN! As our Scottish tours and itineraries are customised for you, these will give you a flavour of Scotland you perhaps hadn't thought about - these are not the standard itineraries you will find on all sorts of websites.
First time visitors - not sure where to go? Discover that secret and hidden Scotland?
- Limited valuable time but still want to see the most you can, having the help from locals?
- Go fishing with our ghillie guide, or do a "wild walk" round little lochs foraging for shellfish with our ghillie who then will cook them for you? Our clients love that!
- Golfing enthusiast? Want to try out some of those lesser known links courses?
- Do a whisky tasting in a tiny museum which has whisky artefacts including an illicit still?
- Want to stay in a lovely little hotel on a tiny romantic island surrounded by birds, seals and perhaps a heron? Get away from it all? A Scottish honeymoon?
- Maybe stay in a lovely converted church which is now a B&B?
- Perhaps stay in a converted railway station where you can have breakfast on the platform or even sleep in one of the railway carriages?
- Want to stay at an award winning B&B with its very own golf bunker?
- Too busy to spend hours surfing the Net and want local information from those who live here?
- Want to stay in charming, personally hand-picked accommodation rather than taking ‘pot luck’?
- Stay in a lovely little countryside B&B where the husband gives archery lessons?
- Interested in tracing your Scottish ancestry, find your clan castle, or visit a distillery and taste your favourite Scotch Malt whisky?
- Like to immerse yourself in the culture and history of generations before?
We will customise your trip to suit you, your amount of time you will have in Scotland and your interests - you choose which areas where you want to stay from the guidance we give you.
No more large coach groups - just you to drive your hire car yourselves at your own pace and discover roads less travelled!
Follow the progress of your trip at your own client login page?
Let us help you get away to find fresh clean air and to places where time seems to stand still!
Last minute holiday trip? Business trip or conference? Making a film - need to do research?
Getting married in Scotland? Honeymoon? Tracing ancestry? A romantic getaway? What about a luxury gourmet break for "foodies"?
For our independent travelers who want to arrange and make their own bookings:
Our online area guides and Scottish Driving Tours and Itineraries contain maps which have been designed specially for us as well as information for deals in car hire, including a company which hires out larger and more upmarket luxury cars and sports cars.
We also include information and guidance on air, ferry and train travel to help our clients. We will help find out about driving distances and times to help you plan a trip to suit your interests and available time.
Our detailed Area Guides (containing accommodation contacts and weblinks), you will find many award winning niche accommodations offering a wide variety of experiences from staying in a self catering cave or a converted monastery on Loch Ness, to log cabins in stunning scenery, as well as historic castles, grand country mansion house hotels and cosy little hotels some of which have Michelin star restaurants, good quality 4 and 5 star B&Bs, lighthouses and traditional thatched cottages.
None of the accommodations have paid to be in our guides as we have personally chosen them.
In our online shop above, we have a wide variety of Scottish driving tours and itineraries for 4 nights, 7 nights, 10 nights and 14 nights including informative websites and links and contacts.
Stay at a luxury B&B actually on the shores of Loch Ness or a converted railway station or church?
Golf at St Andrews or have afternoon tea in a luxury hotel?
Walk in the woods - just RELAX and escape!
We have also added some of our Irish Area Guides and our own Irish Tourist map, on to our online shop for our clients who want to go to Ireland and do their own bookings!
See some of our lovely photos on Scotland on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com as well at
http://pinterest.com/scotlandtrip/scotland-you-gotta-see-scotland. Click on the Trip Made Easy icon to get into our 3 boards on this!
See our Facebook page too at https://www.facebook.com/selfdrivescotland?fref=photo
Marie is a member of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and was awarded Highland Business Woman of the Year 2006. She is also an overseas corporate member of the British Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (BritCham).